Wednesday, August 15, 2007

MY IDOL, MY STAR, MY FRIEND---MACHE!

I went for a drink at NZ few weeks back, met with few 9600 pals and had a chat for a while, together with my wife. Fadli and Eddie had been very nice to pick me up at my wife's aunt's house, since my car suddenly didn't seem to be a good friend as it always had. The headlights went off. Maybe it was the fuse. I don't give a taik as it happened at a very wrong time whereby it was 2200hrs and I just got in KL all the way from Kerteh.

Fadli had warned me earlier in the car while we were moving to NZ that do not be surprised if I see Mache, the fatty friend of mine during school days. Well, I honestly thought that if Mache were to lose weight, it would be no more than few kilograms, say 6 or 7 short.

To my great surprise, Mache was totally out of his previous shape that I could recall the last time we met (maybe 1 or 2 months before...or maybe 3..couldn't really remember though). He was (at that time, not recently...maybe he is much sexier today..) really slim, rather than he was before, few years back when the 'timbang 20sen at a pasaraya' would scream if Mache expresses his intention to get on top of it and weigh himself. He was, from my point of view, more than a 100 kilos at that time (..convert it to metric tan, it's 0.1MT...can you see how bad is that?). And now he is more a John Cena than a Big Show.
I can't really imagine how he did it, but somehow, the story of Mache has motivate me to lose weight (haha it sounds sooo girlish...losing weight, dieting, bla bla...). I asked a few questions on how he managed to get the figure every fatty dreams to have, and all I could remember is to jog everyday (to sweat everyday to be exact...not necessarily jog...anything that sweats you up will do) and the phrase "food from hell".

Guess what? The next day, my wife and I went to Midvalley, and I bought myself a pair of Nike Bowerman Series running shoes that costed me a mere RM399.90 (at that time, I suddenly recalled what Mache said if I want to motivate myself to jog everyday..."beli kasut yang mahal gile untuk jogging, so nanti kalau ko tak pakai kasut tu, ko rasa menyesal..."). I know it was just a joke, but somehow, it does motivate me until today to run around everytime I am free.

These are somebody else's legs, but the shoes in the ad are the same as mine, except mine are yellow.


So here I go. I jog everyday and go to the Awana gym every Saturday (I didn't know Rantau has one until Eddie told me). It was pretty bad earlier. I had backpain, my knees suffered, my legs felt like hell and I couldn't even jog for more than 10 minutes. I would breathe like a horse if I push myself more than 10minutes, and if I push up to 15minutes, I would feel like dying. But it gets better. Now I jog for 15 minutes everyday, and do some workouts after that, especially sit-ups (my 'spare tyre' is the main reason why am I doing all this!).

So far, I am happy. If I feel like malas nak jogging, a half-hour badminton at my backyard with my wife will do just fine. Thanks to my lovely wife. Dia marah gile sebab aku nak beli a pair of Asics Gel which will cost me a crazy RM599.90. She said the limit is RM400. That was not bad at all. Nike is not a bad choice pun kan? By the way, I browsed through http://www.nikerunning.com/ and it's pretty cool. There are sports gears for those who like to run, tips on running and many more. I like!

So, let see how long will it lasts. So far, I've been doing this for two weeks, and I lost a silly 2 kilos, but hey, it's getting better. My goal is to swap the figure of 95kg with something around 85kg, before Merdeka Day. And my primary target is to get below the line of 75kg, and stay there forever...Tah bila la nak dapat, tapi usaha tangga kejayaan!


Selamat Hari Merdeka!

4 comments:

SalamMedia said...

do not be so content of losing weight within these few days. take your time. our body is needs to be treated well, if not, you will suffer in the future.

i'd go for asics gel anyway! fucking best gile babi

Mohd Imrilqis Suhaimee said...

I know, but what to do...too expensive la..and much more expensive in my wife's eyes...

Unknown said...

eh pembetulan, bukan RM500 tapi RM599. beza RM200 tu dah bleh beli berpasang2 kasut utk ayg tau

Mohd Imrilqis Suhaimee said...

oh really? hehe tak ingat la...
anyways, asics is still the best running shoes...aight Ed?